Due to the crucial role we play in the supply chain of delivering critical relief, heating supplies, food production and farm supplies, Ithaca Agway and Agway True Value Northeast are considered an essential business and may continue to operate under state of emergency and shelter in place orders recently issued in New York.
We have reduce our store hours Monday – Saturday 8 to 5 and Sunday remains 9 to 4.
We are also offering Curb Side pick up by ordering in advance by email at email@example.com or calling the store to place your order. You can then call us when you are in the parking lot to have your order brought out.
Agway/True Value Free Delivery Service
Free delivery will be offered for a limited time.
Restrictions for free delivery over $50
- Must be within Tompkins County limits
- Delivery will be made within 2 days of order.
- If under $50 sale, normal delivery prices apply
- Up to 20 bags of mulches, soils and feed.
- Does not include mower pickup and delivery
- Does not include delivery of bulk products such as mulch, topsoil and compost
- Does not include palletized items such as full pallets of mulch, topsoil, stone and wood pellets.
In summary, the free delivery is intended so customers do not have to come to the store to buy their everyday items such as pet and bird food, hardware items and items in the garden center.
Late Winter 2020 Tips
Spring is around the corner and native pollinators will start emerging with the earliest flowers such as crocus and iris reticulata. You can help them by put up native bee and pollinator house now available. You can find more information by clicking on the links for the Native pollinators information sheet or the house available.
Many birds start nesting early April, so if you plan to put up a birdhouse you need to do so soon. A selection of bird house is available at Ithaca Agway or you can find plans, placement recommendations and other information for many types of birds at Cornell Lab of Ornithology NestWatch .
Test leftover garden seed for germination by placing 10 seeds between moist paper towel, keep seeds warm and moist in unsealed poly bag. If less than six seeds germinate, then fresh seed should be purchased. Onions and lettuce store only for 1 year.
Maple sap runs best when daytime temperatures are in the high 30s to mid-40s and overnight temperatures are below freezing, usually the second or third week of February. Last year the sap ran 3 weeks early.
Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s 2resources of particular interest:
BirdCams of nesting birds
Some free apps to enhance your bird watching experience are:
1. Audubon Bird Guide which is a free and complete field guide.
2. Merlin Bird ID by Cornell lab of Ornithology which helps you ID birds in 5 questions, or with a photo of a bird.
3. eBird Mobile App that helps you track your sightings list, find birding hot spots and share your share your sightings with other.